1. Individual Research Paper (75 minute presentation session): Individual papers (having a single or multiple authors) are designed to inform participants of the design, implementation and results of empirical research focused on teaching and learning in higher education.
2. Roundtable Discussion (75 minute interactive session): The Roundtable Discussion provides a unique opportunity for individuals to discuss their topic and related issues in a small group setting. Dialogue, questions and participant involvement are encouraged. This format should maximize the opportunity for dialogue among and between practitioners and academics. The submitter will plan the 75 minute presentation to ensure that each session reserves at least 45 minutes for discussion and engagement of the discussion circle attendees.
3. Poster Session: The purpose of the poster session is to advance an author’s research. More than one participant may author a poster. At least one of the primary authors must be in attendance to discuss the poster during the designated session.
4. Best Practices Workshop (75 minute interactive session): In these interactive sessions presenters will focus on real-world solutions to issues encountered in the classroom. Unlike panel discussions these “hands on” workshops are intended to bring the attendees into the discussion and offer practical solutions/suggestions to pedagogical approaches in the classroom.
In order to ensure a balanced conference program, all submissions are reviewed and evaluated based on the following criteria:
• The degree to which the presentation supports one or more of the identified tracks, with priority given to selecting a comparable number of sessions for each category.
• Thoroughness of the subject matter and presentation.
• Originality of materials
• Quality of learning objectives.
• Level of interactivity and methods that address diversity teaching styles at the college level
• Quality of takeaway tools offered to conference participants
• Appeal to a diverse and broad spectrum of faculty members and students in higher education.
Inquiries regarding the 2018 Interlink Alliance Conference can be directed to Mr. Tyrone Carr at firstname.lastname@example.org.